- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
I prefer to be called
Major of Study
2017 Richter Scholar, Political Research Associate, For Latinas By Latinas, Latinos Unidos, First Connection mentor
Find me dreaming of NASA, tending to flowers, expanding Mexican art, carrying a cello as big as me, and getting my scarves caught in the wind and the waters.
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I chose Lake Forest College due to it being one of my greatest financial options but also because I found opportunities that I could not find elsewhere, like being able to see my baby sister grow up through more than just a screen.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
My experience in First Connection really helped establish my freshman year at the college, I found myself knowing so many essential things before regular orientation that proved incredibly valuable and I was given such great mentors that it made me want to be there for someone the way they have been there for me.
What is one piece of valuable academic advice that you would tell an incoming student to Lake Forest College?
Take advantage of all of the resources on campus, everything is accessible as long as you go for it. Speak up in class and ask every question you think of, even after class, your advisors and professors are genuine and are there to watch you succeed.