- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
I prefer to be called
Major of Study
Phi Delta Epsilon; SACS (Chem Club); United Middle East; Muslim Student Association
Henna art, Zumba, and Netflix.
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I chose to come to LFC because I was really attracted to the diverse community and strong support system it offered. I have really good relationships with my professors, and it’s really sweet that the professors really care about my understanding of material. Plus, the campus is gorgeous!
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
I was in the program as a mentee last year, and I absolutely loved it. It was by far the best opportunity I got to this date – and it was my first! First Connection isn’t just a week before Orientation, it’s a group of students that are by each others’ sides for the rest of college. I met my best friends during First Connection.
What is one piece of valuable academic advice that you would tell an incoming student to Lake Forest College?
In your first semester of college I think you should focus on academics more so than getting involved. This way, you learn how to “do” college, and then second semester you can completely kill it with your involvement and stellar grades!