- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
I prefer to be called
Major of Study
Eukaryon, Muslim Students Association, Modern Languages Club
I love reading and spending time with family and friends! Sleeping is pretty great too!
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I chose to come to Lake Forest College because I wanted to go to a school where I would get to know my professors and peers in a small classroom size! I also wanted individual attention and feedback from my professors to help me with my academic goals.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
I wanted to become a First Connection Peer Mentor to help see the incoming students adjust to college with any and all advice we can provide you. I was in First Connection last year and it was one of the best experiences I had on campus! I was able to meet a lot of new people of diverse cultures as well as learn valuable academic advice from older students. I want to see the future Peer Mentees having an even better experience than I did!
What is one piece of valuable academic advice that you would tell an incoming student to Lake Forest College?
One valuable piece of advice I would recommend to an incoming student is to use the resources provided to you on campus: the Writing Center and the Qualitative Resource Center (QRC)! These are amazing help centers that can help you with your classes if you are having difficulty in any stage of the writing process or tutors to help you understand concepts in math and science classes! Personally, these 2 resources have helped me become a better student overall. I’ve had most of the tutors at the Writing Center this past year, all in effort to become a better writer of argumentative papers during my freshmen year so I have less difficulty in the future. By tackling my weaknesses with the tutors at the QRC and Writing Center, I was be able to perform to my best ability in my classes.