- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
I prefer to be called
Major of Study
United Black Association, Black Women United
Shopping, listening to music, community service, planning things out for my future
Why did you choose to come to Lake Forest College?
I chose to come to Lake Forest because of the financial aid first and for most. However, I loved the fact that Lake Forest was a small school with diversity and many opportunities to get involved.
Why did you want to be a First Connection Peer Mentor?
I had the advantage of being a part of First Connection my first year, and I can still say today it had a huge impact on my transition into college. I wanted to be able to have a positive influence on other individuals and a opportunity to be one of the first people they interact with on campus. I believe it is important to express the level of support and diversity that we offer at Lake Forest College in order to promote the success of all students. One of my biggest goals in life is to start my own non profit organization which focuses on the well being and success of youth, and I know being a First Connection Mentor will only add to my growth and experience with helping others.
What is one piece of valuable academic advice that you would tell an incoming student to Lake Forest College?
Planning, organizing, and time management are three important keys to being successful in college. Most of all no matter how tough things get, BELIEVE you can conquer whatever you put your mind to.