- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29877_header-skyline.rev.1450208143.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/33295__dsc0161.rev.1473952666.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29627_global_students-cropped.rev.1450736243.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29863_header_photo_for_student_life-cropped.rev.1450736341.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/72/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29629_students_at_the_beach-cropped.rev.1450736419.jpg)"/>
Flu Vaccination Clinics
Flu season is upon us! The “seasonal flu season” in the United States can begin as early as October and last as late as May. During this time, flu viruses are circulating in the population. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends being vaccinated against the influenza virus. An annual flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances that you will get seasonal flu and spread it to others. When more people get vaccinated against the flu, less flu can spread through the community which helps us to all be healthier. The Health and Wellness Center, Athletics, and Forester Fitness Team will be sponsoring flu clinics in September and October.
CVS will be on campus September 17th in the Trophy Room to provide flu vaccines from 3:00-5:30 pm. Walgreen will be on campus October 17th in Vail Commons from 11:00-2:00 pm. The vaccinations will be offered on a first come first serve basis. Please bring your insurance cards to the Flu Shot Clinic. The insurance plan offered through the College for faculty, staff, and students covers the flu vaccine. You may be covered if you have a different insurance plan; CVS and Walgreen representatives will be able to let you know if it is covered or you can call your insurance company prior to attending the clinic. If you plan to pay out of pocket or submit for reimbursement, the cost of the flu shot is $39.99.
Students who are not sure of their insurance or do not have insurance cards can choose to have their student accounts charged for the cost of the vaccine and submit a receipt to their insurance company for reimbursement. Staff in the Health and Wellness Center will be able to assist with this.
CVS will have a few vials of the vaccine that are preservative free. The nasal version of the flu vaccine will not be available. You may bring your children so long as they are 10 years and older.
The Health and Wellness Center does not provide flu shots and so we highly encourage everyone who can to attend the Flu Shot Clinic next week on September 18th.