- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Finance and Consulting Specialist (Part-time)
Lake Forest College has embraced career preparation as a key institutional goal for its undergraduate students more clearly and conscientiously than most other colleges in the liberal arts tradition. With its location in the Chicago metropolitan area, Lake Forest College is uniquely positioned to be a leader in career preparation.
This position is designed to serve high-achieving students pursuing the most competitive positions within business and finance. It is a part-time position and the ideal candidate will be expected to possess significant work experience within business and finance in order to provide an insider’s view on the industry and hiring trends. Responsibilities include:
- Develop mentoring and skill development programs for high-achieving students interested in competitive positions within banking, consulting, and finance in collaboration with relevant faculty and staff on-campus.
- Promote shadowing, internship, competition, and employment opportunities to students and develop candidate pools for relevant employers.
- Coach students on application timelines, resumes, cover letters, and interviewing skills.
- Organize site visits and early identification programs to help students understand industry requirements and begin building networks from their first year on campus.
- Supervise students completing credit-bearing internships.
- Expand and maintain relationships with alumni and other key contacts; develop new relationships with potential mentors and employers.
- Participate in on-going professional development activities.
The specialist will work closely with the Career Pathway Leader for the Business and Finance Pathway, as well as the Internship Specialist to provide a unified experience for students interested in business careers.
- Graduate/professional degree strongly preferred
- Experience with teaching and college student development/career development
- Must have an interest in working with students, employers, and faculty from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Ability to build and maintain relationships; experience tracking relationship-building success with a customer relationship management system is a plus
- Must be team oriented with strong interpersonal skills and ability to think creatively; entrepreneurial spirit and fast-learner
- Ability to use technology required for the role, such as social media, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and databases
- Attentive to details; must possess strong writing and editing capability
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel on an occasional basis (primarily in Chicagoland area)
- Please submit cover letter and resume/CV online at: https://bit.ly/2IhOBcY. Materials can be addressed to:
- Lisa Hinkley
- Associate Vice President for Career & Professional Development
- Lake Forest College
- 555 North Sheridan Road
- Lake Forest, IL 60045-2399
- Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is found. Any correspondence related to this search should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,500 students from over 44 states and 72 countries. The College’s student body is culturally diverse, with approximately 40% of our students identifying as domestic students of color or international students. We also have a visible, active, and vibrant LGBT student population. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. For more information about Lake Forest College, visit www.lakeforest.edu.