- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
Chicago Program Coordinator
Lake Forest College’s full-time Chicago Program Coordinator serves as the site leader for the College’s most popular off-campus program, Lake Forest College In The Loop. Housed at The Flats at East-West University, the In The Loop program enrolls up to 28+ students each semester who engage in a unique internship and academic program. The Chicago Program Coordinator will also serve as site leader for ACTIVATE, the College’s summer internship program housed at The Flats.
The Chicago Program Coordinator will report jointly to the Office of Residence Life and the Center for Chicago Programs.
Residence Life: The Chicago Program Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and management for a residential area housing 28+ students (program acceptance by application only). The Chicago Program Coordinator is also assigned area and departmental tasks, special projects, and the coordination of new initiatives. The Chicago Program Coordinator trains and supervises a Resident Assistant and one or more Program Assistants, who change each semester.
The Chicago Program Coordinator is responsible for all residential operations, including on-site leadership that sets and maintains the proper academic and co-curricular tone of the experience. Additionally, the Chicago Program Coordinator’s specific duties include but are not limited to preparation of opening and closing, reports, check in/checkout, room change, program assessment activities, and other student development and administrative functions utilizing effective planning and communication skills. Further, the Chicago Program Coordinator will need to be flexible and responsive to after-hour emergencies in conjunction with the Resident Assistant on a daily basis.
The Chicago Program Coordinator also teaches a .5-credit practicum course, LOOP 201, offered both fall and spring semesters.
Chicago Programs: The Chicago Program Coordinator will hold a key advisory position in supporting all aspects of the College’s Chicago programs. The Chicago Program Coordinator will provide necessary, relevant support in the development and improvement of related programs as they evolve and expand. In addition, the Chicago Program Coordinator will provide assistance in the area of career services support to student interns participating in the Lake Forest College In The Loop and ACTIVATE programs. Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing on-site support for the Loop location by maintaining regular contact and communication with student participants in order to facilitate conflict resolution in cooperation with all relevant related faculty, staff, and site personnel.
- Playing a pivotal and proactive role in the growth and development of the ACTIVATE program. Working closely in conjunction with both the Center for Chicago Programs and the Career Advancement Center on the recruitment and enrollment of students in and serving as advisor and communications point-person with respect to the messaging to students regarding their professional responsibilities including all necessary deadlines and documentation while enrolled in the program.
- Collaborating with Loop program staff and other key administrative offices on the development and implementation of career-focused events, including the All-Access Mixer.
- Supporting interrelated duties for the College’s other key administrative offices, including Development and Alumni Relations and Admissions. Coordinating as needed with these offices for the strategic use of the Loop location, including support for academic orientation, the All-Access Mixer and other relevant In The Loop programs; and conducting/arranging tours for prospective students, donors, and other persons the College names for this purpose.
- Demonstrating organizational and professional competency by performing additional representative duties and responsibilities as well as accountabilities related to the Center for Chicago Programs.
- Achieving a standard of excellence with the College’s work processes and outcomes while embracing the continuous variations and improvements of the Center for Chicago Programs.
The Chicago Program Coordinator is a live-in position. A two-bedroom furnished suite with kitchen will be provided.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree is required. Previous experience in a supervisory capacity in a residence hall. Position requires someone who is self-directed and can work well with ambiguity as this position evolves and defines itself. Experience working with college students. Preference will be given to candidates with prior teaching experience. Strong organizational and administrative skills, commitment to social justice issues, excellent interpersonal skills, sound decision making and judgment, the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse students, faculty, staff, and employers and the ability to work in a collaborative environment are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Previous teaching experience and prior experience in residence life, including supervision of Resident Assistants. Interest in or experience with career development and alumni/employer relations. Interest in or experience with camps and conference services. Relevant educational experience. Work experience in an educational environment. Strong supervisory and administrative skills. Experience working with diverse populations, commitment to fostering student involvement and development, providing academic success opportunities for students living in residence halls. Experience in diversity programming and conflict resolution across cultures as well as the ability to work collaboratively and independently with members of a diverse community. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references via e-mail to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is found. Any correspondence related to this search should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,500 students from over 44 states and 72 countries. The College’s student body is culturally diverse, with approximately 40% of our students identifying as domestic students of color or international students. We also have a visible, active, and vibrant LGBT student population. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. For more information about Lake Forest College, visit www.lakeforest.edu.