- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Lake Forest College is accepting applications for an Assistant Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time 11-month administrative position with benefits. The Assistant Athletic Trainer is a staff member in the Athletic Department, reports to the Director of Athletics, and works closely with the Head Athletic Trainer and College’s team physician in the evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation, and prevention of injuries for approximately 400 student-athletes in 23 NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports. The nature of the position is such that a considerable amount of evening and weekend work will be necessary. The chosen candidate will demonstrate the ability to work as a member of the Forester athletic department “team” and support the mission, goals, and procedures of the department and the College.
Assistant Athletic Trainer Responsibilities
This position will provide opportunities and responsibilities in the areas of athletic training that include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Head Athletic Trainer in all facets of athletic training operations including injury evaluation, rehabilitation, and prevention for intercollegiate student-athletes
- Providing coverage for Intercollegiate athletic practices and contests
- Consulting with the Head Athletic Trainer and Strength and Conditioning Coordinator to provide guidance in strength and conditioning, nutrition, and overall wellbeing for intercollegiate student-athletes.
- Providing injury consultation and coverage for select club sports and health related education and training for both student-athletes and the campus community
- Serving as a member of the Forester Fitness Team and coordinating fitness related programming for the campus community including Fitness Friday activities and providing instruction in physical education/ fitness classes
- Oversight of additional administrative duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer or Director of Athletics
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field (Master’s degree preferred), NATABOC certification, Illinois licensure or eligible, current certification in CPR, First Aid, and AED. Certification by either the National Strength and Conditioning Association or the American College of Sports Medicine in Strength and Conditioning is preferred.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to relate effectively to student-athletes, coaches, other health care professionals, and members of the campus community. The candidate must also possess strong leadership, written and oral communication skills, high-level planning and organizational abilities, the ability to multi-task and problem solve, and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and at least three references to Mike Gilboe, Head Athletic Trainer, email@example.com. Please call Mike at 847-735-5296 with any questions regarding the position. Review of applications will begin immediately and be accepted until the position is filled.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,500 students from over 44 states and 72 countries. The College sponsors 23 intercollegiate varsity sports, with approximately 400 student-athletes competing annually, and is a member of the Midwest Conference, Northern Collegiate Hockey Association, and the NCAA Division III. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
For more information on Lake Forest College and Forester Athletics, please visit www.lakeforest.edu.