- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
Business and Finance Career Pathway Leader
Lake Forest College has embraced career preparation as a key institutional goal for its undergraduate students more clearly and conscientiously than most other colleges in the liberal arts tradition. Lake Forest’s career center is one of the largest in the country for a college our size, which enables us to execute innovative and effective career programs that lead to great outcomes for graduates. With its location in the Chicago metropolitan area, Lake Forest College is uniquely positioned to be a leader in career preparation. The Career Pathway Leader is a full-time position, which reports to the Associate Vice President for Career & Professional Development. The successful candidate will be an innovative, talented collaborator, who is able to balance leading initiatives, working effectively in teams, and completing work independently.
- Serve as the Career Pathway Leader for the Business and Finance Career Pathway and as liaison to a set of academic departments/areas of study, including economics, business, finance, math, and computer science.
- Mobilize students, alumni, faculty/staff, and employers to provide students with access to meaningful internships, shadowing, and other skill-building experiences starting in students’ first year on campus. Identify and implement strategies for improving students’ preparation for highly competitive positions.
- Cultivate relationships with employers to provide students access to high-quality jobs, internships, and experiential learning opportunities; collaborate with faculty and staff to attract appropriate applicants to positions. Organize on-campus recruiting activities, including job postings, campus interviews and specialized recruiting events.
- Advise students/alumni individually and in group settings on topics such as: exploring majors/career interests, understanding intersection of culture and career, developing a professional presence, writing professional documents, and securing the best jobs/internships and/or admittance to graduate school.
- Supervise students completing credit-bearing internships.
- Utilize appropriate technology and social media tools to provide and promote resources and services for students, alumni and employers.
- Maintain accurate records in customer relationship management system to inform practice and demonstrate results.
- Take ownership for an office-wide area of responsibility, such as special programs for student leaders, improving support for international students, or In the Loop/ACTIVATE internship program. Each staff member in the CAC is able to provide leadership on some set of office-wide initiatives and specific responsibilities are determined based upon interest and capability.
- Participate in on-going professional development activities.
- Complete other duties as assigned or as opportunities emerge.
- Graduate/professional degree strongly preferred
- Must have an interest in working with students, employers, and faculty from culturally diverse backgrounds and with interests in a variety of industries/job functions
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Experience tracking relationship-building success with a customer relationship management system is a plus
- Must be team oriented with strong interpersonal skills and ability to think creatively; entrepreneurial spirit and fast-learner
- Ability to use technology required for the role, such as social media, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and databases
- Experience with teaching and college student development/career development
- Attentive to details; must possess strong writing and editing capability
- Available to work some evenings and weekends; valid driver’s license and willingness to travel (primarily in Chicagoland area)
Please submit cover letter and resume/CV online at: https://bit.ly/2IhOBcY. Materials can be addressed to:
Associate Vice President for Career & Professional Development
Lake Forest College
555 North Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045-2399
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is found. Any correspondence related to this search should be sent to email@example.com.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,500 students from over 44 states and 72 countries. The College’s student body is culturally diverse, with approximately 40% of our students identifying as domestic students of color or international students. We also have a visible, active, and vibrant LGBT student population. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. For more information about Lake Forest College, visit www.lakeforest.edu.