- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/8/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29975_header-aerialjpg.rev.1450460033.jpg)"/>
Creative Arts Career Pathway Leader
Lake Forest College has embraced career preparation as a key institutional goal for its undergraduate students more clearly and conscientiously than most other colleges in the liberal arts tradition. Lake Forest’s career center is one of the largest in the country for a college our size, which enables us to execute innovative and effective career programs that lead to great outcomes for graduates. With its location in the Chicago metropolitan area, Lake Forest College is uniquely positioned to be a leader in career preparation. The Career Pathway Leader is a full-time position, which reports to the Associate Vice President for Career & Professional Development. The successful candidate will be an innovative, talented collaborator, who is able to balance leading initiatives, working effectively in teams, and completing work independently.
- Serve as the Career Pathway Leader for the Creative Arts Pathway and mobilize students, alumni, faculty/staff, and employers to provide students with access to meaningful career-building experiences; organize formal and informal activities to help students explore and prepare for careers starting in their first year on campus.
- Advise students/alumni individually and in group settings on topics such as: exploring majors/career interests, understanding intersection of culture and career, developing a professional presence, writing professional documents, and securing the best jobs/internships and/or admittance to graduate school.
- Collaborate with faculty/staff to serve students effectively and to build and maintain relationships with alumni, employers and graduate schools. Serve as liaison to a set of academic departments/areas of study, including English, music, theater, art/art history, digital media design, and print/digital publishing.
- Supervise students completing credit-bearing internships.
- Help parents, alumni and community members to understand and apply current best practices in career development.
- Take ownership for an office-wide area of responsibility, such as In the Loop/ACTIVATE internship program, special programs for student leaders, or improving support for international students. Each staff member in the CAC is able to provide leadership on some set of office-wide initiatives and specific responsibilities are determined based upon interest and capability.
- Participate in on-going professional development activities.
- Complete other duties as assigned or as opportunities emerge.
- Graduate/professional degree strongly preferred
- Experience with teaching/instructional design/curriculum development and college student development is expected; ability to help students translate college experiences to the world of work
- Must be team oriented with strong interpersonal skills and ability to think creatively; entrepreneurial spirit and fast-learner
- Attentive to details; must possess strong writing and editing capability
- An interest in working with students, employers, and faculty in a variety of industries with emphasis in fields related to creative arts
- Ability to use technology required for the role, such as social media, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and databases; experience with a career center management system (such as CSO) or related technology system is desirable
- Qualification for the administration and interpretation of assessment instruments is a plus (e.g. Strong Interest Inventory and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator)
- Available to work some evenings and weekends; valid driver’s license and willingness to travel (primarily in Chicagoland area)
Please submit cover letter and resume/CV online at: https://bit.ly/2IhOBcY. Materials can be addressed to:
Associate Vice President for Career & Professional Development
Lake Forest College
555 North Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045-2399
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is found. Any correspondence related to this search should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,550 students from more than 47 states and 81 countries. The College’s student body is culturally diverse, with approximately 40% of our students identifying as domestic students of color or international students. We also have a visible, active, and vibrant LGBT student population. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. For more information about Lake Forest College, visit www.lakeforest.edu.