- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40780_31484_finance_1.rev.1513697699.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29609_advisor.rev.1448902476.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40783_law.rev.1513697721.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40779_31485_business.rev.1513697684.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29606_internships_and_experience_1.rev.1448900255.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40467_Speednetworking2_edited.rev.1510942416.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40781_art.rev.1513697706.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40469_Speednetworking3_edited.rev.1510946462.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/35592_shot02-041_v2.rev.1487090405.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/20/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/40782_science.rev.1513697713.png)"/>
Join us for Foresters in Hollywood March 21, 2018
This is an information session about careers in Hollywood
12:00pm - 1:00pm
How often do you have an opportunity to meet an Emmy-award winning producer, writer of more than 400 TV episodes, or mentee and friend to the late Katharine Hepburn?
Emmy Award winning producer Chrisann Verges’ credits for television include:
- Series: “Getting On” and “Girlboss”
- Films: “Warm Springs” (Emmy Award) and “Mrs. Harris” (Emmy nomination)
- Pilots: “Silicon Valley” and “The Gilmore Girls”
- Features: “Enough Said,” “End of Watch,” “Cyrus,” “Redbelt,” “Joe Gould’s Secret” and “Fresh”
She has also produced a number of music videos and films, including “Einstein on the Beach: The Changing Image of Opera” about the landmark opera by Philip Glass and Robert Wilson and “Miles Ahead: The Music of Miles Davis”, both for Great Performances on PBS. Her music videos include “The Harlem Shuffle” by the Rolling Stones, which was produced for their lifetime Grammy Award. She is currently producing the series “Vida” for Starz.
TV writer/producer Sally Lapiduss has written and produced more than 400 television episodes. After one “very long” year of law school, Lapiduss began working in theater. She became an Equity stage manager, and worked on many regional, and off-Broadway productions before working on the Broadway show that would change her life. It was The West Side Waltz, the last play in which Katharine Hepburn appeared. Lapiduss became Miss Hepburn’s personal assistant for several years, and until her passing, Miss Hepburn remained Sally’s mentor and close friend. While in New York, Sally worked in film and TV production, and as a casting assistant to Mary Colquhoun, Ellen Chenoweth, and Ellen Lewis.
Since high school, Sally had been writing stand-up comedy material with and for her sister, Maxine, who performed at various comedy clubs in their native Pittsburgh, then in New York City and around the country. At a time when they were all working various jobs in New York, they wrote a spec sit-com script with Sally’s friend, Pamela Eells. The three sold some scripts, got an agent, and moved to Los Angeles. After a couple of years, they decided to divide and conquer, and Maxine went on to her own writing and performing career.
Sally and Pamela sold a pilot to CBS, then got their first staff job writing on the first two seasons of the ABC hit, Family Matters. They quickly moved on to more adult fare, writing and co-executive producing Mad About You, The Nanny, and Ellen, among others.
Sally then worked solo on several series including Caroline in the City, Titus, and Farscape. She became co-executive producer on the first two years of the Disney Channel’s mega-hit, Hannah Montana, where she was nominated for two Emmys for Best Children’s Show. After four years writing and producing the Disney Channel’s hit show, Jessie, she worked for two more years on its spin-off, Bunk’d. She is now a freelance refugee from the Disney Channel.
Also over the past few years, Sally and Maxine reunited to write comedy pilots for TV Land, Lifetime, and a comedy feature for Nickelodeon. On her own, Sally has written and produced pilots for King World, Lifetime, CBS, and ABC.
Sally is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Lake Forest College, and for several years taught TV writing as an adjunct professor at USC’s School of Cinema and Television.
All students are invited. Taco/nacho bar will be served for lunch.
RSVP via ForesterLink appreciated.
Sponsored by Career Advancement Center and the Theater Department.