- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/95/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/42360_HOMECOMING_darker.rev.1523377981.jpg)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Upcoming career events
This week, the Career Advancement Center is offering opportunities for students in all five of the Career Pathways—Business and Finance, Creative Arts, Law and Public Service, Science and Health Care, and Build Your Own—to gain access to alumni and high-profile employers.
Wednesday, March 21:
Alight Solutions Panel, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Skybox, Mohr Student Center
Join a panel of alumni and their colleagues from Alight Solutions to learn about internships and full-time jobs for students in all Career Pathways. Alight believes every business is a people business, and they serve nearly 50% of the Fortune 500. Overall, they have 1400+ clients of all sizes and complexity. The panelists include:
- Sean Thomas ’81, Vice President, Negotiations and Contracts Executive (also Lake Forest College Trustee)
- Karen Frost ’88, Vice President, Health Strategy and Solutions
- Anita Fulton, Vice President, Regional Health Solutions Leader
- Janet Selby ’92, Director, Client Benefit Administration Implementations
- Greg Selby ’93, Customer Service Implementation Delivery Proof Manager
- Rob Martarano, Regional Defined Benefit Client Leader
- Jane Zimmer, Senior Vice President, HR Outsourcing Delivery
Alight Solutions regularly seeks students interested in human resources, marketing and communication, IT, law, finance, sales, and other areas of business. They welcome students from all majors. Appetizers and desserts will be served.
Thursday, March 22:
Aerotek Scientific Recruiting: Getting Hired in Science or Health Care, 4-5 p.m., Pierson Rooms, Mohr Student Center
Gain access to jobs in a variety of scientific areas through one recruiting firm. Learn about the types of opportunities and companies Aerotek recruits for from Stephanie Molini, Scientific Recruiter. Hear what she looks for on a successful applicant’s resume and how to “talk science” professionally in interviews.
Other upcoming career events include:
- Abbvie, March 26, 4-5 p.m., Lillard 144
- Bio Career Paths Talk, March 28, 6-7 p.m.
- Hip Hop Week Careers in Music Panel, March 28, 4-5 p.m.
- Logistics, Operations, Business and Sales Showcase, March 29, 7-9 p.m.
- Learn What it Takes to Become a Veterinarian, April 3, 4:15 p.m.
- Finance in Chicago Site Visit Day for Underclassmen, April 9, all day
- Learning LinkedIn from LinkedIn Sr. Customer Success Manager Nicci Bosco, April 16, 7 p.m.; photographer available to take headshots
- Theater Roundtable Event, April 13
Some details are still being finalized for the events above, and there will also be additions, so be sure and watch the campus calendar for full program details.
If you have not yet selected your preferred Career Pathways, please take a moment and choose your Career Pathways here—you can select as many as you would like, and opting into a Career Pathway allows the CAC to provide you with more customized updates.
Express Advising in the Mohr Student Center:
Every Monday through Thursday until the end of the semester (except on March 27), CAC staff members are stationed in the Senior 25 Lounge just outside of the Pierson Rooms. This is a great opportunity for students to ask quick questions and check-in with their career advisor/internship specialist. It is also a great opportunity to meet the CAC team, so you know who to contact whenever you need someone. Specific advisors available each day will be posted on the campus calendar.
It has been a transitional year for the CAC with a number of new staff members joining us this fall, and many of you are getting to know the new team members and continuing to appreciate our long-time advisors. We hope that each of you will take the opportunity to get to know the team to find the best advisor to support your interests—while each Career Pathway and academic department has a designated point person, you can choose any of the advisors to be your primary advisor.