- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Athletic Department Program Coordinator/Department Assistant
Lake Forest College is accepting applications for an Athletic Department Program Coordinator/Department Assistant. This is a full-time administrative position with benefits. The position, which is ideal for someone desiring to work in a collegiate athletics environment, will offer the chosen candidate an opportunity to engage in several aspects of intercollegiate athletic administration while serving as the primary support person for the department. The nature of the position is such that a considerable amount of evening and weekend work will be necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will provide opportunities and responsibilities in the area of athletic administration and athletic related special event planning that include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Director of Athletics and other coaches and administrative staff members with a variety of projects, reports, programs, and events.
- Coordinating and executing various departmental, campus, and community events.
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of the athletic department, including answering phones, assisting visitors, scheduling meetings, coordinating transportation, and other miscellaneous office related duties.
- Providing assistance in departmental web, e-mail, and print communications and marketing.
- Serving as a member of the Forester athletic department “team” and supporting the mission, goals, and policies of the department and the College.
Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited college or university. Candidates must have the ability to relate effectively to student-athletes, coaches, and the College community, demonstrate strong leadership and excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be a self-starter. The successful candidate must also possess time management and organizational skills, be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, and have familiarity with data systems and website content management.
Salary and benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts, and at least three references to Blake Theisen, Associate Director of Athletics at email@example.com. Please call Blake at 847-735-6155 with any questions. Review of applications will begin immediately and accepted until the position is filled.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from over 47 states and 81 countries. The College sponsors 23 intercollegiate varsity sports, with approximately 400 student-athletes competing annually, and is a member of the Midwest Conference, Northern Collegiate Hockey Association, and the NCAA Division III. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
For more information on Lake Forest College and Forester Athletics, please visit www.lakeforest.edu.