- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Metra fare increases
Effective Thursday, February 1st, Metra train fares will increase between 2.3 and 12.6 percent in all zones depending on the type of ticket. For the Union Pacific North Line, the cost for a Metra 10-Ride will increase from $63 to $69.
Know that the Center for Chicago Programs’ current plan is to continue to sell discounted 10-Rides to students for $50. Students may purchase one 10-Ride per week by cash, check, or credit card. 10-Rides purchased through the Center are only valid on the Union Pacific North Line.
In addition to the above fare increases, Metra will be eliminating a small number of weekday trains on the North Central Service, SouthWest Service, and Rock Island Line. A small number of weekend trains will be cut on the Milwaukee District North Line. No trains on the Union Pacific North Line will be eliminated.
For a full run-down of fares and schedule changes, please visit www.metrarail.com.