- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Lake Forest College makes transfer-student honor roll
For the second consecutive year, Phi Theta Kappa has recognized Lake Forest College for excellence in creating successful pathways for community-college transfer students.
The international honor society for community-college students who excel academically recently recognized 112 colleges and universities, including Lake Forest College, on its “2018 Transfer Honor Roll.” Institutions were selected based on engagement, collaboration, impact, and achievements related to the transfer of community college students to four-year colleges and universities.
“We are thrilled to be recognized for bringing some of the best community-college grads to continue their education on our campus,” said Lake Forest College Director of Transfer Admissions Melissa Naughton. “These students come from some of the most academically rigorous community colleges in the country and are fantastic additions to our campus community.”
In the last five years alone, Lake Forest College has welcomed 157 Phi Theta Kappa transfer students to campus from such community colleges as College of Lake County, Oakton Community College, College of DuPage, McHenry County College, and William Rainey Harper College, among others in Chicagoland and around the country.
Each year, Lake Forest College offers a $25,000 scholarship to admitted transfer students who hold current membership in Phi Theta Kappa.
Community college students interested in applying to Lake Forest College can find more information at lakeforest.edu/transfer.
Lake Forest College is a selective residential, national liberal arts institution located 30 miles north of downtown Chicago. The College has 1,550 students representing 44 states and 70 countries. For more information, visit lakeforest.edu.