- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Panel Discussion on Race
In an important and informative panel discussion on race on February 20, Professors Karen Kirk, Flavia Barbosa, Todd Beer and Courtney Cain will demonstrate how race – in the way many people understand it – is essentially a myth.
Race, in fact, is a social construct rather than a biological differentiator: all human beings are virtually the same in genetic terms. The faculty panelists will first illuminate this vital scientific information, and then discuss the many ways in which our society could change for the better, consistent with the scientific findings.
The panel will take place at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, February 20, in Room 044 on the lower level of the Lillard Science Center.