- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Director of Intercultural Relations
Lake Forest College invites applications for the position of Director of Intercultural Relations. The successful candidate will lead the Office of Intercultural Relations in promoting intercultural dialogue, understanding, and respect among the many cultural identities represented within the Lake Forest College community. The Director also leads campus efforts to foster student success for traditionally underrepresented students and is a key contact person, advocate, and referral for multicultural and international students. The Director reports to the Vice President and Dean of Students and supervises the Assistant Director of Intercultural Programs and the Department/SEVIS Assistant.
A highly selective liberal arts college located north of Chicago, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,500 students from nearly every state and more than 70 countries. The College is a culturally diverse community with nearly 40% of our student body identifying as U.S. students of color or international students. In addition, we have a large number of first generation college students, a visible LGBTQ student community, as well as numerous active religious student communities.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and supervision of all programs, services, budget, and staff in the Office of Intercultural Relations.
- Provide skilled support and advocacy for traditionally underrepresented students. Collaborate with other campus departments and faculty to enhance the engagement and success of students from these groups.
- Collaborate with student organizations and campus departments to support, develop, and implement programming designed to celebrate cultural diversity and provide intercultural education.
- Serve as a resource and consultant to all campus constituents regarding diversity and inclusion issues.
- Chair the Intercultural Advisory Group and the Bias Incident Response Team. Serve on other College committees, as requested.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree is required, and a Master’s degree is strongly preferred, as well as five years of full-time experience in a relevant area.
Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of diversity and inclusion issues as they pertain to traditionally underrepresented/underserved college students.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating diversity training and fostering intergroup dialogue.
- Strong interpersonal communication, public speaking, and professional writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide skilled supervision of professional staff and departmental budgets.
- Strong computer skills and an ability to use technology to enhance programs, services, and assessment efforts.
- Ability to serve as a Designated School Official for international student immigration advising. Candidates should have an understanding of the principles, practices, and trends of international students studying in the U.S. or a willingness to develop this understanding through training and professional development.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends; a valid driver’s license
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. An application letter, resume, and contact information for three references should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.