- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Gorton Event: Mountainfilm on Tour
This adventurous, conservation-driven festival brings leading documentary films from around the world to its audiences. Enriched by an interactive discussion-based format.
FRIDAY NIGHT FEATURE
DIRTBAG: THE LEGEND OF FRED BECKEY
January 26 – 7:00pm
Fred Beckey is a towering figure whose innumerable first ascents cemented his legacy as one of the greatest climbers of all time. Dirtbag: The Legend of Fred Beckey looks back at this singular life, following the nonagenarian climber over the last decade as he’s slowed but never stopped doing what he loves most. Beckey, like so many people of great accomplishment, is a controversial figure, having alienated fellow climbers by stealing their routes (and even their girlfriends). While the film delves into those peccadilloes, it is ultimately an affectionate portrait of a remarkable man in the sunset of his career.
This Mountainfilm Commitment Grant recipient required great persistence and endurance from director and Telluride local Dave O’Leske, who pursued the story for the last 10 years.
Director Dave O’Leske will be in attendance at the screening, and will take questions after the film.
2017| Directed by Dave O’Leske | $15/ticket – $10/student ticket
‘BEST OF FEST’ SHORTS
January 27 – 7:00pm
A collection of the top shorts from this year’s festival with a wine & cheese reception before the films . More information will be announced soon.
$15/ticket – $10/student ticket
FAMILY SHORTS & ENVIRONMENTAL EXPO
January 28 – 2:00pm
Learn how you and your family can engage with the outdoors! Experience Mountainfilm shorts curated specifically for the whole family to enjoy and then visit our expo to learn more about the outdoor adventure and environmental opportunities in Lake County. More information will be announced soon.
$8/film ticket – $20 for a family of 4 – Expo/free admission