- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Visiting Assistant Professor of English
The Department of English at Lake Forest College seeks to fill a Visiting Assistant Professor position in English to teach African-American literature for one year. This position carries a 3-3 load of undergraduate courses. The successful candidate will have a PhD (ABD considered) in English with a specialization in African-American literature and will be able to provide evidence of teaching effectiveness. A PhD is preferred but ABD candidates will also be considered. Applicants must submit a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, three reference letters, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a scholarly writing sample. Reference letters must be submitted directly by the referring parties and not come from the candidate. All material should be submitted electronically to Carla Arnell, Chair of the English Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is January 6, 2018. Preliminary interviews will take place via conference call or Skype.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,500 students from over 47 states and 81 countries. At Lake Forest College, the quality of a faculty member’s teaching is the most important criterion for evaluation. The College also expects peer-reviewed publications and active participation in the College community. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women and members of other historically underrepresented groups.