- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Winter break work opportunity
Are you looking to make a few extra dollars for spending over the upcoming Semester break? Facilities management is seeking students that are willing to assist with moving some offices in the old science building into the new science building. This is a paid position.
Students that meet the desired qualifications are encouraged to contact Dave Siebert at Siebert@lakeforest.edu.
There are two groups that they are hoping to hire some temporary work for. The first are students that would be able to work for at least six consecutive hours on any days between December 7th and December 15th. You do not have to work every one of those days, however if you’d be able to work on some of those days, even one of those days, for six consecutive hours and you are able to lift 50lbs. you would qualify.
The second group of students is described in the job description below. These students would work over the break period, except during institutional vacation days.
Job Title: Moving Assistant
- Department: Facilities Management
- Job Level: Level 1 (entry level, no special skill required)
- Summary: The person(s) hired will work alongside FacMan staff, packing, moving and cleaning up in office transitions within the new Lillard Science Center and old Johnson Science building
- Qualifications: Must be able to be on your feet for the entire shift, be able to carry at least 50 lbs, and be willing to “get your hands dirty.”
- Time Frame: This is a temporary position, needed December 18th - January 12th
- Hours: 6 - 8 hours per day
- Days/Times: Monday through Friday