- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Vice President and Dean of Students
Lake Forest College invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President and Dean of Students.
A highly selective, residential liberal arts institution founded in 1857, Lake Forest College is 30 miles north of Chicago along Lake Michigan. The College offers the Bachelor’s degree, two Master’s degrees, and nearly 60 different academic majors or minors. More than 1500 students come from nearly every state and 70 other countries, and students of color and/or international students make up more than 30% of the student body. Nearly 80% of students live on campus, and the remainder includes students who commute from their homes in a number of neighboring communities. A democratic governance system assures broad student, faculty, and staff participation. The College hosts chapters of Phi Beta Kappa and Sigma Xi.
Reporting to President Stephen D. Schutt, the Vice President and Dean of Students will oversee and provide leadership, vision, and strategic direction for the Office of Student Affairs, which includes the Health and Wellness Center (Counseling Services and Health Services), Intercultural Relations, the Gates Center for Leadership and Personal Growth, Residence Life, and Public Safety. Student Affairs also helps to familiarize students with the College’s academic support services, and administers the community standards and student conduct system, including oversight of Title IX.
Lake Forest College takes pride in being a diverse, student-centered institution. We seek a new Vice President and Dean of Students who demonstrates these key attributes: deep commitment to the development and success of all students, including their retention and on-time graduation; high-level supervisory experience and ability to lead and motivate professional staff; and eagerness to collaborate with faculty and administrative colleagues in a strong, dedicated campus community. The successful candidate will have high-level administrative experience in student affairs at the college level, and demonstrated experience with program assessment and resource management. A Master’s degree is required, an earned Doctoral degree is preferred, and college teaching experience is desirable. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To be assured of full consideration, an application letter, curriculum vita, and three letters of recommendation (to be sent under separate cover) should be received by December 22, 2017. All documents should be submitted electronically to email@example.com and be addressed, in confidence, to:
Professor Donald Meyer, Chair
Vice President and Dean of Students Search Committee
Lake Forest College
555 North Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045-2338