- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
2017 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
The Lake Forest College Department of Public Safety has produced its Annual Report, which includes information regarding the College’s policies concerning safety and security as well as statistics for particular types of crimes that occurred on or near campus.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime and Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, and the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 (VAWA), the Lake Forest College Department of Public Safety has produced its Annual Security and Fire Safety Report in cooperation with numerous other College departments, including the Title IX Coordinator, the Office of Student Affairs, Residence Life, Facilities Management, and Athletics, as well as other Campus Security Authorities (CSA), local law enforcement and emergency services.
The report includes policy statements and specific information regarding the College’s procedures, practices, and programs concerning safety and security, prevention and awareness of drug and alcohol abuse and sexual violence, as well as details the process by which persons can report and prevent crimes or suspicious activity. The report also includes three years’ worth of statistics for particular types of crimes that occurred on or near campus or College controlled property and the College’s fire safety data, policies, procedures, and systems. We encourage members of the Lake Forest College community to use this report as a guide for safe practices on and off campus.
A copy of this report will be provided to anyone upon request and is available in the Public Safety Department, located at on South Campus (between Buchanan and Halas Halls). You can also request that a copy be mailed to you by calling 847-735-5555. Finally, an electronic copy can be viewed at https://www.lakeforest.edu/live/files/4017-2017-annual-security-and-fire-safety-reportpdf.
We hope that this report helps demonstrate that Lake Forest College is a place where students and their families can be confident of their safety and security and invite any questions or comments.