- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
News publication access
Lake Forest College offers free access to both the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. Read on for instructions on accessing these publications.
New York Times
Student Government will continue to work with the New York Times to provide Lake Forest College students with paper copies and online academic passes to the New York Times.
Printed copies can be found in the Student Center, Library and Young Hall. Deliveries for the fall semester will run until Wednesday, December 6, excluding academic breaks. Deliveries for the spring semester will resume on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
Online academic passes give you access to thousands of New York Times archived articles. To activate your pass, please follow these steps:
- Visit nytimes.com/passes and create a free NYTimes.com account using your Lake Forest College email address. If you already have an NYTimes.com account associated with your school email address, log in with those credentials.
- Check your email inbox for a confirmation message, validate your email address and claim your pass. If you don’t see the confirmation email, check your spam folder.
- Once you’ve done that, you will be able to access the New York Times by going directly to NYTimes.com and logging in.
- You can also download the NYTimes mobile apps at nytimes.com/mobile.
Wall Street Journal
Lake Forest College has entered into an agreement with the Wall Street Journal that gives all faculty, staff, and students free, unlimited access to the Wall Street Journal, both on and off campus.
The WSJ provides faculty, staff, and students with:
- A deeper understanding of current global news and probing analysis of markets, corporations, financials, and technology.
- A personalized experience through customizing WSJ.com to track companies and industries for class projects and interview research.
- Access anytime, anywhere with WSJ online and tablet and smartphone apps.
To get started using WSJ:
- Access the WSJ registration link on my.lakeforest.edu. You must be logged in to access the link, which is found on my.lakeforest by clicking on Help, and then scrolling down to WSJ Access. The link can also be found here: https://my.lakeforest.edu/ICS/Help/WSJ_Access.jnz
- You will be asked to create an account. You must create your account using your lakeforest.edu or mx.lakeforest.edu email address.
- Once you establish your login credentials, you will be able to access the Wall Street Journal on or off campus by going directly to wsj.com and logging in.
- You can also download the WSJ tablet and smartphone apps from your device’s app store and log in using the credentials you’ve created.
- Should you experience any errors on the Create/Connect Page or are unable to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the wsj.com login page for help.