- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
College establishes Gummere Fund and Gummere Fellows Program
Over the last year, hundreds of adoring students, alumni, parents, and friends have contributed in Francis B. “Spike” Gummere’s honor to The Spike Initiative.
We are pleased to announce the creation of a new Gummere Fellows annual scholarship program and permanently endowed Gummere Admissions Fund as a result of that effort.
Beginning this year, Gummere Fellows will support recruitment efforts in strategic markets, namely those where Spike frequently recruited (the Northeast, the West Coast, Arizona, and Colorado) through the awarding of scholarships annually to students with financial need who are deemed to be great ambassadors for Lake Forest College.
The first class of Gummere Fellows will be selected in January 2018. The Gummere Admissions Fund will provide extra funding each year to support enrollment strategies in key markets.