- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Get your flu shot
The Health and Wellness Center, Athletics, and Forester Fitness Team will be sponsoring a flu clinic from 3:00 - 5:30 p.m. on Monday, September 18.
Flu season is upon us! The “seasonal flu season” in the United States can begin as early as October and last as late as May. During this time, flu viruses are circulating in the population. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends being vaccinated against the influenza virus. An annual flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances that you will get seasonal flu and spread it to others. When more people are vaccinated against the flu, less flu can spread through the community, which helps us to all be healthier.
CVS will be on campus in the Trophy Room to provide flu vaccines from 3:00-5:30pm. The vaccinations will be offered on a first come first serve basis. Please bring your insurance cards to the Flu Shot Clinic. The insurance plan offered through the College for faculty, staff, and students covers the flu vaccine. You may be covered if you have a different insurance plan; CVS representatives will be able to let you know if it is covered or you can call your insurance company prior to attending the clinic.
Students who are not sure of their insurance or do not have insurance cards can choose to have their student accounts charged for the cost of the vaccine and submit a receipt to their insurance company for reimbursement. Staff in the Health and Wellness Center will be able to assist with this.
This year, CVS will provide only preservative-free vaccines. The nasal version of the flu vaccine will not be available. You may bring your children so long as they are 10 years and older.
The Health and Wellness Center does not provide flu shots and so we highly encourage everyone who can attend the Flu Shot Clinic next week on September 18.