- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
Student Government Elections
Elections for Student Government Senator will be held September 13-15. The first step in becoming a candidate is to complete an elections petition by September 11.
I hope everyone is settled back in and enjoying the first few weeks of the Semester. The first few weeks can be hectic, however can be very important in setting the tone for the rest of the Semester. So as you start to organize yourself for the Semester, think about how you are going to most effectively divide your time and find the balance in your college lifestyle!
I am very excited to announce the upcoming Student Government Senate Elections and encourage you to become a Student Government Senator. Senators represent each Class, Residence Hall, and all Commuters on campus, ensuring that every voice is represented in all Student Government related processes.
Elections will be held September 13 thru September 15. The first step in becoming a candidate is to complete an elections petition by September 11. You can pick one up at:
· The Forester Fair – This Wednesday, 11am-1pm, Middle Campus Quad
· The Student Government Open House – This Wednesday, 4pm-5pm, Student Government Office
· SGA Elections Information Session - Tuesday, September 5th, at 12pm in Pierson Room B. Everyone who is interested in running for a position should be in attendance at this meeting.
If you are interested in running for a Student Government position please ensure that you can attend the Student Government Retreat on Saturday, September 16th, from 9am to 4pm. We are planning an awesome retreat Downtown Chicago!
In addition to Student Government Elections, I am very excited to announce a number of vacancies on the college’s Institutional and Board of Trustees Committees. Attached to this email, you will find information on how to apply for these positions. These positions are open to the entire Student Body and are a great way to be involved in campus-wide initiatives. Please note that these positions are academic year commitments and you should only apply if you can commit to being a full and contributing member of the committee.
Thanks so much and as always please respond to me with any questions you may have!
Cell: (216) 650-1049