- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Chemistry majors: A growing force on campus
Chemistry majors are on the rise at Lake Forest College. Just look at the latest crop of grads: 15 majors in the Class of 2017.
Cody credits a “new sense of energy and enthusiasm in the department” with the surge in majors, partly due to new faculty members Assistant Professor of Chemistry Paul Gladen and Assistant Professor of Chemistry Nilam Shah. In addition to graduating another group of 15 seniors next year, the department will welcome Erica Schultz to the faculty team.
Consistently putting the development of students first is the watchword in chemistry.
“Beginning with the Wednesday chemistry study sessions during the first semester of Chemistry I, we have many support opportunities to help our students learn chemistry, and, in the process, our upper-level students are learning how to help us teach chemistry,” Cody said. Chemistry faculty start from the assumption that students who study hard and get help when they need it can succeed at chemistry.