- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Records set at Relay For Life
The 2017 Relay For Life had 36 teams and raised nearly $51,000 for the American Cancer Society—well above its goal of $44,800.
“This is the most money raised since 2011,” co-chair Rachel Tenuta ’17 noted.
A whopping 531 students, faculty, and staff registered to participate in the all-night event, tying the College’s previous participation record for this annual relay.
“We advertised our events throughout the night very well, in the hope that people would want to stay longer,” Tenuta said. That strategy worked, she said: “We had pretty high attendance throughout the night.”
Relay For Life took place in the Sports and Recreation Center, where it kicked off at 6 p.m. Friday, April 21 and continued with a variety of fun activities until the next morning.
“Overall, I think we had a very dedicated group of volunteers and passionate Relayers who can all be credited with the success of this year’s event,” she said.