- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Congratulation is well deserved
Senior Associate Director of Residence Life Stacy Oliver Sikorski is the 2017 recipient of the Herstory Award.
Since 2001, the Associate of College and University Housing Officers-International (ACUHO-I) has been recognizing female leaders that have done amazing work in the field of student housing by awarding The Herstory Award. Within our field, this is a prestigious honor; reserved for women of great accomplishment. Past winners have gone on to advanced roles in colleges and universities around the world.
The Herstory Award, from the ACUHO-I website, “honors the past women presidents of ACUHO-I and is presented to recognize an outstanding woman professional who has served the housing profession through courage, leadership, forging new paths as pioneers, honor, and commitment. This award recognizes our past, celebrates our future, and encourages more women to lead our association.”
I am honored to announce to you all that Stacy Oliver Sikorski, the Senior Associate Director of Residence Life at Lake Forest College is the 2017 recipient of this award. Anyone that works alongside Stacy is aware of her desire and commitment to her work. Her professional career thus far is a masterclass in supporting the work of Student Housing, Residence Life, and perhaps most impactful, mentoring many current and future female leaders in the profession and elsewhere. The Department of Residence Life team is proud to call her a colleague and friend.
Please join me in congratulating her for this well-deserved recognition.