- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
First Presbyterian Church Scholarships
First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest, in consultation with Lake Forest College, is again offering two $10,000 scholarships, as well as numerous smaller amounts, for the 2017-18 school year. The deadline to apply is April 14, 2017.
First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest, in consultation with Lake Forest College, is again offering a generous scholarship for the 2017-18 school year. It is called the Plansoen Family Scholarship. They will offer two $10,000 scholarships, as well as numerous smaller amounts.
The Church’s vision for this newly established scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to deserving Christian students at Lake Forest College, along with helping them continue to develop and strengthen their faith through practical church, community and service activities. During the time of study at the College, we look forward to presenting avenues for scholarship recipients to hone their leadership and charitable talents by taking active roles in giving of themselves.
Plansoen Family Scholarship recipients will be required to participate in the life and community of First Presbyterian Church of Lake Forest, and a reasonable arrangement will be mutually agreed upon. Some of the activities available include:
· Usher during a Worship Service Monthly (11a Worship Service)
· Be Liturgist during a Worship Service Monthly (11a Worship Service)
· Participating with our Music Department (as a member of our Church Choir or Lakeminster Ringers/Chancel Bell Choir)
· Mission Committee Participant to help determine support from the church to local service agencies throughout Lake County
· Help facilitate the day-to-day operations of the church
- Transcribe Sermons
- Digitize Past Bulletins
- Update our Online Music Library
· Be involved in a monthly service opportunity available at First Presbyterian Church (i.e. PADS Ministry, Soup Kitchen Ministry, etc.)
Please review the attached, or this link, for detailed information about and the application for this scholarship. If you wish to apply for it, please complete the application and return it to Sean Kelly at First Presbyterian Church.
The deadline to apply is April 14 2017.