- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Lake Forest College makes the honor roll
Phi Theta Kappa recognizes the College for “creating dynamic pathways” for community-college transfer students.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK), the international honor society for community-college students who excel academically, recently recognized 65 colleges and universities, including Lake Forest College, in its “Transfer Honor Roll.” Institutions were selected based on engagement, collaboration, impact, and achievements related to the transfer of community college students to four-year colleges and universities.
“We are thrilled to be recognized for bringing some of the best community-college grads to continue their education on our campus,” said Lake Forest College Director of Transfer Admissions Melissa Naughton. “These students come from some of the most academically rigorous community colleges in the Midwest and are fantastic additions to our campus community.”
In the last five years alone, Lake Forest College has welcomed 127 Phi Theta Kappa transfer students to campus from such community colleges as College of Lake County, Oakton Community College, College of DuPage, McHenry County College, William Rainey Harper College, Triton College, and Elgin Community College, among others in Chicagoland and around the country.
Each year, Lake Forest College offers a $25,000 scholarship to transfer students who hold current membership in Phi Theta Kappa.
Community college students interested in applying to Lake Forest College can find more information at lakeforest.edu/transfer.
Lake Forest College is a selective residential, national liberal arts institution located 30 miles north of downtown Chicago. The College has 1,550 students representing 44 states and 70 countries. For more information, visit lakeforest.edu.