- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Student Symposium reaches 20-year milestone
Student Symposium—the highlight of student achievement for the academic year—marks its 20th anniversary in 2017. This year’s Symposium will be held on April 11.
This annual tradition brings all members of the College community together for a riveting day of scholarly and creative presentations, exhibits, debates, performances, demonstrations, and posters.
The Student Symposium shows off students’ diverse achievements inside and outside the classroom. Regular classes will be canceled on the day of the Symposium so that faculty, staff, and students can participate in the events. In addition, members of the North Shore and Lake County communities are welcomed to campus to join in the celebration of student scholarship and intellectual engagement.
To start the day, the first 60 visitors to the Caf who do not have a meal plan will receive a full complimentary breakfast in the dining hall from 8 to 9 a.m.
At day’s end, the Student Art Exhibit will include music from the Lake Forest College Combined Choirs as well as The Inversion (A Capella) group. The music will be followed by an awards ceremony for The World in 2050 contest, where the first-place winner will receive $2,500.
To access the Symposium schedule, click here.