- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Room Selection Details
The room selection process officially kicks off Wednesday, March 22 and continues through Thursday, March 30.
Welcome back from spring break!
The room selection process officially kicks off this week and continues into next week. As a reminder of the selection periods:
- Wednesday, March 22: Hall Rights. This process was an optional process for upperclass students who met established criteria and plan to return to the same building in which they are currently living. Students participating in this process have already received an email with their room selection start time.
- Tuesday, March 28 through Thursday, March 30: General Room Selection. This process is for all other students and allows students to choose from any residence hall on campus. Students participating in this process will receive an email on Friday, March 24 with their room selection time.
As a resource for you, we have created an online tutorial of the room selection process. It is highly recommended that you view this video (it takes less than 15 minutes!). It will show you exactly how to navigate the process and provides valuable hints, tips, and resources.
Other important information:
- Every bed on campus will be selected in this process. If you do not fill a room, roommates will be assigned to you later in the process. If we are able to offer room buyouts in Fall 2017, that process will begin in September, two weeks after the first day of classes.
- Please be mindful as you’re selecting a room that Lake Forest College does not limit room selection options by gender. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are comfortable with the living situation you select when filling a partial room or suite.
- If you plan to live with roommates, your roommate groups must be fully matched in order for you to select a room. If you have not responded to roommate requests that you’ve received, please resolve those before your selection time.
- The only person in a matched roommate group who needs to log in to choose the room is the one with the best (earliest) selection time. They will be able to select on behalf of all roommates in the matched group.
- All residence hall floor plans are available online. We recommend having this page loaded and available, as it may help you select your room or suite.
In preparation for room selection, I will have extended office hours this week at Rosemary House:
Wednesday, March 22 from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Thursday, March 23 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
Our office will be staffed during selection periods nightly (9:00 pm to 11:00 pm on March 22, March 28-30). If you have questions or need assistance during the selection process, please call our office at 847-735-6232 or stop by.
Senior Associate Director of Residence Life for Community Standards & Operations