- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Student residency announcement
Your student workers’ schedules may have an impact on yours.
As we head into the end of the semester, I’m writing to make you aware of important dates related to students’ residency on campus. These dates are of particular importance if you oversee student research or employment, as they may impact scheduling.
Students who are not graduating and not staying for summer school are expected to move out of the residence halls by noon on Thursday, May 11.
Students who are graduating or participating in some other aspect of the commencement ceremony are expected to move out of the residence halls by noon on Sunday, May 14.
Students who are staying for May Term (for employment, courses, or research) can remain in their current rooms during this time frame and are not required to leave between the end of spring semester and the beginning of May term. These students will be transitioning to their summer housing on Monday, May 15 in the afternoon.
Given the short time period we have to move these students to their summer rooms in Moore Hall, we ask for supervisors’ flexibility in scheduling work or training on the afternoon of May 15 when the transition occurs. Students will be able to pick up their keys beginning at 2:00 pm that day and are asked to complete their move by 6:00 pm. If possible, please avoid scheduling student staff who are living on-campus during that time so they can complete their move.
The summer housing application is available online and will be through April 21 at noon. Students will continue to be able apply for housing through that date, and if need arises after that date, we’ll work with students on a case by case basis.
I appreciate your support and assistance in making the end of academic year and transition to summer housing as seamless as possible for our residents. If I can provide any additional details or clarification, please let me know.