- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Second annual Pitch It competition receives cash boost
College’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Advisory Council donates $10K in prize money
Student entrepreneurs have more to gain than experience when they compete next month in Pitch It!, the College’s Shark-Tank-like business competition. The Lake Forest College Entrepreneurship and Innovation Advisory Council has donated $10,000 in cash prizes again this year.
So far, 44 Lake Forest College students representing 37 businesses have signed up to participate in the second annual event. Submissions will be accepted through March 3. Students will ply their business ideas in an initial round on campus, and as many as six finalists will go on to compete before a panel of local business owners and a live audience on April 19 at Gorton Community Center in Lake Forest.
Winners of the 2016 Pitch It! contest were Charles Black ’16, Jacob Gilman ’16, Robbie Barker ’16, and Kristina Simeunovic ’16. You can read about their winning business ideas here.
Members of the community are warmly invited to attend the final round on April 19 at 7 p.m. at Gorton Community Center, Lake Forest. Registration is strongly encouraged. Sign up here.