- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
New Recipients of Endowed Assistant Professorships Announced
Daw-Nay Evans, assistant professor of philosophy, and Fatima Rahman, assistant professor of politics, have recently been appointed to endowed assistant professorships, Krebs Provost and Dean of the Faculty Michael Orr announced.
Evans has been appointed to the Kenneth and Harle Montgomery Assistant Professorship in the Humanities and Rahman has been appointed to the Gustav E. Beerly, Jr. Assistant Professorship. Evans and Rahman will each hold their endowed chairs for a two-year term. The previous holder of the Montgomery Chair was Miguel de Baca, associate professor of art history, while the Beerly chair was previously held by Associate Professor of Biology Sean Menke.
“The College is very fortunate to have two endowed chairs designated for untenured faculty members and I’m delighted that we are able to recognize the outstanding record of teaching, scholarship and service of Daw-Nay and Fatima by appointing them to these positions,” Orr commented.