- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Summer Research Grants
Submit your proposal by March 20.
TO: All Faculty
From: Michael Orr
Date: February 20, 2017
RE: Summer Research Grants – Call for Proposals
Full-time faculty members may apply for a summer research grant to help defray the costs of conducting research during the summer. Eligible expenses include travel to research sites, library or laboratory fees, research supplies or equipment (when other sources of funding cannot be identified), secretarial support, and manuscript preparation. Expenses will be paid by reimbursement from the Dean of the Faculty’s office. Faculty members receiving a summer research grant are expected to submit a report outlining their use of the funds.
Your application should include:
- A brief description of the project, explaining how this research benefits your teaching and/or research agenda.
- A detailed budget.
- If a travel allowance is requested, please explain why the research must be done at the specified location.
- If you have received a Summer Research Grant in the last five years, please indicate the year(s) in which you received support and briefly describe the progress that you made on the supported project(s). Please note: New applications will not be considered if a report is outstanding from a previous grant. Funds are limited, so applicants are encouraged to seek additional forms of outside funding whenever possible.
The deadline for proposals is March 20. Late applications will not be considered. Requests will be reviewed by the Summer Research Committee, appointed by FPPC, and decisions will be announced in April.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via e-mail or at x5021.