- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
Higher Learning Commission Visit
On March 6-7, the College will host a team of reviewers from the Higher Learning Commission. The Higher Learning Commission is the institutional accrediting association that comprehensively evaluates colleges and universities in the Midwest and, this year, Lake Forest College is undergoing the process.
Here’s some information about the March 6-7 campus visit by the team of HLC peer reviewers. The review team will consist of the following members:
- Dr. Jean Deller, Assistant Vice President for Academics, Trine University, Angola, IN (chair)
- Dr. Ann Pelelo, Professor of English, Clarke University, Dubuque, IA
- Dr. Ty Buckman, Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, Wittenberg University, Springfield, OH
- Dr. Moreen Travis Carvan, Director, Assurance for Learning, Marian University, Milwaukee, WI
The review team will host three open fora for all members of the campus community. Each forum will be held in Calvin Durand Hall in Stuart Commons and will focus on specific criteria from the Assurance Argument.
Monday March 6, 1:45 pm - 2:45 pm: Criteria 1 & 2
Topics may include the mission of the College; our embrace of diversity; institutional commitment to the public good; integrity and transparency in College operations; the role of the Board of Trustees; freedom of expression; and academic honesty and integrity.
Monday March 6, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm: Criteria 3 & 4
Topics may include the quality of the curriculum and academic programs; support for teaching, scholarship and student learning; co-curricular programs; assessment of student learning; retention and graduation rates; and the success of our graduates.
Tuesday March 7, 10:15 am - 11:15 am: Criterion 5
Topics may include the College’s resources (fiscal, human, physical and technological); institutional planning; governance and administrative structures; and evaluation of institutional performance and effectiveness.
The review team will also host several drop-in sessions, when a member of the review team will be available to meet with members of our community to answer questions or discuss any topic of interest concerning the College’s reaccreditation review:
Monday March 6, 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm: Drop-In Session #1
Tuesday March 7, 8:00 am - 8:45 am: Drop-in Session #2
As your schedule permits, I encourage you to attend one or more of the open fora or drop-in sessions. I’m hoping that we can achieve a high level of participation by faculty and staff at these sessions, which will be helpful in demonstrating to the reviewers our commitment to providing an outstanding educational experience for our students.
Thanks for your assistance,
Michael T. Orr
Krebs Provost and the Dean of the Faculty
Lake Forest College
555 North Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045-2338