- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Review of the College
On March 6-7, the College will host a team of reviewers from the Higher Learning Commission. The Higher Learning Commission is the institutional accrediting association that comprehensively evaluates colleges and universities in the Midwest and, this year, Lake Forest College is undergoing the process.
The review team will host three open fora for students, faculty, and staff. Each forum will be held in Calvin Durand Hall in Stuart Commons and will focus on different topics:
Monday March 6, 1:45 pm - 2:45 pm: Integrity and Mission
Topics may include the mission of the College; our embrace of diversity; institutional commitment to the public good; integrity and transparency in College operations; the role of the Board of Trustees; freedom of expression; and academic honesty and integrity.
Monday March 6, 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm: Student Session (Calvin Durand Hall)
Monday March 6, 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm: Teaching and Learning
Topics may include the quality of the curriculum and academic programs; support for teaching, scholarship and student learning; co-curricular programs; assessment of student learning; retention and graduation rates; and the success of our graduates.
Tuesday March 7, 10:15 am - 11:15 am: Resources, Planning, and Effectiveness
Topics may include the College’s resources (fiscal, human, physical and technological); institutional planning; governance and administrative structures; and evaluation of institutional performance and effectiveness
The review team will also host several drop-in sessions, when a member of the review team will be available to meet with any member of our community to answer questions or discuss stopic of interest concerning the College’s reaccreditation review:
Monday March 6, 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm: Drop-In Session #1
Tuesday March 7, 8:00 am - 8:45 am: Drop-in Session #2
As your schedule permits, I encourage you to attend one or more of the open fora or drop-in sessions.
Michael T. Orr
Krebs Provost and the Dean of the Faculty
Lake Forest College
555 North Sheridan Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045-2338