- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
February is Heart Health Month
February is Heart Health Month. According to the CDC, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and smoking are key risk factors for heart disease.
About half of American adults (47%) have at least one of these three risk factors. Click here to view February’s edition of Wellness Online. A pdf version is also attached. This month’s edition includes:
· Healthy Eating and Heart Disease
· Food for the Heart
· Women, Take Charge of Your Heart
The Healthy Heart podcast includes an overview of the functions of the heart, risk factors for developing heart disease and warning signs of a heart attack. Also highlighted are key components of a healthy lifestyle which may help prevent heart disease.
UnitedHealthcare’s Healthy Mind Healthy Body member newsletter is available for February. Each month, Healthy Mind Healthy Body comes to your email filled with tips and strategies you and your family can really use. Go to uhc.com/myhealthnews to sign up. Below is a sampling of what you’ll find in this month’s issue:
· Computers and your eyes
· Heart numbers you should know
· Sleep: How does your bedtime routine rate?
· Smart medication use
· Preventive care: Get the care you need before you’re sick
With best wishes,
Director of Human Resources