- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
Response to Travel Restrictions
Letter from President Schutt
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
A number of students, alumni and friends have expressed concern about the potential effect on the College of the executive order issued by President Trump to restrict travel to the United States by international refugees as well as citizens of Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen.
As news media have reported over the past several days, there is a great deal of public confusion about the order. Statements from Washington about its scope and effect have been inconsistent, and federal judges have issued injunctions against parts of the order.
While the current uncertainty continues, our Admission Office is maintaining contact with international student applicants and their schools abroad. We have also been in touch with a recent alumnus from one of the seven listed countries. We will continue to reach out to any other current or prospective student, faculty or staff member who might be personally affected by the executive order.
As a word of reassurance for all members of our campus community, I call your attention to the College’s mission statement. For 25 years it has expressed our commitments to “embrace cultural diversity” and prepare students to “become responsible citizens of the global community.” Those words are as true today as they have ever been, and we will continue to honor them.
Stephen D. Schutt
Lake Forest College