- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Senior Class Commencement Speaker Applications
Commencement will be here before you know it! The Senior Class Commencement Speaker Selection Committee, in conjunction with the Dean of Students and Dean of Faculty Offices, invite interested seniors to audition for the role of Senior Class Commencement Speaker.
Auditions will be held on Wednesday, March 22 from 3:00pm-5:00pm. The guidelines for the speech and the selection process are included below. If you’re interested in auditioning, please click on the link below to complete the application. You will need to log in with your Lake Forest College credentials.
You will need to submit a draft of your speech in this application so please do not proceed until you have that completed. Your speech will be uploaded onto the form so please make sure it is in Microsoft Word or PDF format. It should be approximately 700-900 words. Your speech should reflect the interests of the entire senior class and should also be relevant for all other audience members (families, alumni, faculty, staff, etc).
Completed applications will include an application form, resume, a copy of your speech, and a reference form.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average at the time of application.
- Applicants must not have ever been on disciplinary probation or suspended or dismissed from the institution and must not have a record of significant or sustained violations of the Academic Honesty Policies. All applicants must provide permission for the Office of Student Affairs and the Academic Honesty Judicial Board to share any information related to their status.
- Applicants must be a current full-time undergraduate student at the time of application.
- All applicants must audition before a panel consisting of members of the Senior Class, Assistant Director of the Gates Center, Director of the Gates Center, Director of Special Events, Director of Marketing and Communications, and members of the faculty, and a representative from the Office of Intercultural Relations.
Auditions will take place from 3:00pm – 5:00pm on Wednesday, March 22. Applicants must deliver their speech in its entirety at this time.
The person selected as the Senior Class Commencement Speaker will be expected to work with the faculty on the selection committee to refine the written speech and the presentation of your speech. All applicants must be available to meet in person with the faculty members at least three times during the month leading up to Commencement.
2017 Selection Timeline
March 3- Applications Due by 5:00pm
May 1- Senior Class Commencement Speaker announced at Student Leadership Awards Ceremony