- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Job shadowing offers great insight
Finance students visited the headquarters of Medline Industries—a burgeoning medical supply leader—for a job shadowing day earlier this semester.
The experience provided students a way to learn helpful tips and tricks for navigating the recruiting process and gain specific insight into a number of key areas, including product divisions and corporate finance. Recently named one of the nation’s “Best and Brightest Companies to Work For,” Medline has more than 12,000 employees worldwide and operates in more than 25 countries.
“During this extensive visit, 11 finance students met with company leaders and developing talent in Medline’s state-of-the-art facility,” said Joe Chmura, assistant director of the Career Advancement Center. “The management team at Medline was impressed with our students, as were the students with Medline.”
Students found the trip to the Northfield, Illinois headquarters to be “a wonderful experience,” he said. They found the campus to be impressive and the event “informative and helpful for their career strategies.”
“The opportunity to visit Medline Industries and its welcoming staff was incredible,” said Anthony Vikhter ’19. “Medline is a top-notch company with lots of great programs for students, specifically their Finance Development Program. Medline and similar corporations are always looking for new talent, so the exposure to various industries provides endless opportunities for all majors.”
— Sophie Mucciaccio ’19