- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
New year, new events!
Alumni Relations is launching a new series of events this year specifically targeted at young alumni.
Foresters in the City will be hosted in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco, and feature themed events that tie into what’s happening in each city. A fun, local venue has been selected for each event.
“We aim to bring Lake Forest College to alumni who now live and thrive in cities around the country,” Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement Ashley Learn said. “Even though our alumni have graduated, we still want to share moments like a livestreaming Lake Forest College hockey game in New York City, going bowling on a cold Chicago night, or enjoying San Francisco’s famous Beer Week.”
Jordan Bruce ’15 plans on attending the New York event. “As a former hockey player living on the East Coast, it’s exciting that I can watch my team play while being in New York City with other alumni.”
Foresters in the City | New York
The New York-based Young Alumni Council is hosting the inaugural Foresters in the City event on Friday, January 13, 2017, where for the first time ever, we will bring Chicago to you! This free event will be held at Finnerty’s NYC, 221 2nd Ave, New York City, and feature appetizers and a keg of Chicago’s favorite Goose Island 312 beer. The fun starts at 8 p.m. As a special treat, we will simulcast Forester men’s hockey versus Adrian College—live! The puck drops at 8:30 p.m.
Foresters in the City | Chicago
The Chicago-area Young Alumni Council is hosting its Foresters in the City event at Pinstripes in Streeterville on Thursday, January 26, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The event includes two hours of bowling and bocce along with appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages, with a cash bar available. The cost for non-Loyalty Circle alumni and guests is $20; Loyalty Circle members receive discounted admission and a complimentary alcoholic drink.
Foresters in the City | San Francisco
The San Francisco-area Young Alumni Council members are hosting their first Foresters in the City event at Brewcade, 2200 Market St #102 in The Golden City. Kick off the annual San Francisco Beer Week with fellow Foresters from 2 to 5 p.m. on February 11. The College will provide light appetizers and a complimentary drink, as well as the cost of arcade games.
“We are excited to be able to offer this new series of events to our young alumni,” Learn said. “The success of the Young Alumni Challenge has helped us to enhance these events, which we hope will further engage our young alumni with the College.”
Click here to register.