- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/95/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/42360_HOMECOMING_darker.rev.1523377981.jpg)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Career Month: Plan for summer, post-graduation
February is Career Month—a great time to think about your summer and post-graduation plans, and reflect on your career aspirations.
Upcoming events and deadlines:
- Mock Phone Interview Week: February 22-26. Chances are if you apply for an internship, job, or certain graduate programs, you will be required to conduct a phone interview. Sign up to practice those interviews with volunteers. No previous interviewing experience is necessary and you can sign up to interview with anyone, regardless of your career interests. We have confirmed volunteers at: Coyote Logistics, Hillview 798 Productions, Wedgewood Partners, careers in nonprofits, Brickfish, Georgetown University (Department of Biology), EventUp, Accenture, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science and more.
- Insurance Careers Speed Networking: Tuesday, February 23 at 3:00 p.m. in Chicago. Are you searching for a career that will have an impact on you, on others and on the world? Connect with industry professionals and explore the endless career opportunities insurance offers and imagine your future in a stable, rewarding and limitless industry. The Career Advancement Center will reimburse you for transportation costs up to $20; for details on how to RSVP click here.
- Careers in Business panel: Wednesday February 24 at 5:30 p.m. in Calvin Durand Hall. Learn about the wide variety of career paths in business from a panel of alumni and employer partners including trading, human resources, retail, logistics, corporate finance, entrepreneurship, and more. RSVP via ForesterLink.
- Finding Your Pathway at Lake Forest College and Beyond: Thursday, February 25 at 4 p.m. in Pierson Room A, Mohr Student Center. Why does choosing a major or career seem so difficult? Learn how your individual interests, skills, and decision-making style can help you discover the pathway that’s the best fit for you. RSVP via ForesterLink.
- Want to receive notifications about jobs and internships? Sign up for the resume book. Don’t forget to check ForesterLink for opportunities (like this internship with Dean DeBiase or this internship in theater management at the Citadel Theater Company).