- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/95/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/42360_HOMECOMING_darker.rev.1523377981.jpg)"/>
Communications and Marketing
In the Loop is on the move
Effective fall semester 2016, the In The Loop program will move to The Flats, located at 829 South Wabash in the South Loop.
The Spring 2016 cohort will be the last to be housed in the present location at Hostelling International-Chicago, at 24 E. Congress Parkway. The academic structure of the program will remain the same as will the application process.
Like Hostelling International-Chicago, The Flats will provide students with fully furnished apartments, complete with bath, kitchen, common area, and views of the city and Lake Michigan.
The move will benefit participants in a number of ways, including:
- Summer residency for summer session courses and internship programs with Chicago residency.
- Athletic facilities offering free access to a state-of-the-art fitness center and gymnasium.
- Location within walking distance of Loop Partner Schools, Millennium Park, the Art Institute, the Loop, and Chicago’s central business district
- Community with primarily double-occupancy rooms, rather than the primarily single-occupancy rooms at the Hostel.
“Our Spring 2016 cohort will continue to benefit from our strong partnership with the Hostel,” Associate Dean of the Faculty Davis Schneiderman said. “Nevertheless, we feel strongly that this change in location will benefit our students, and we will provide additional information on our program website in the coming months.”