- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29873_header-aerial.rev.1450206652.jpg)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
Krebs’ home, art collection donated to College
Trustee and former Chairman of the Board of Lake Forest College Robert D. Krebs and his wife Anne last fall completed all arrangements to donate their Lake Forest home, furnishings, and art collection to the College.
The 9,200-square-foot home is located less than a mile from campus and is filled with a sizable collection of Renaissance and later art and furnishings. The Krebs plan to live in the home for some years to come, the property will pass directly to the College thereafter, and Mr. and Mrs. Krebs will give the College an endowment to pay for annual maintenance of the property, grounds and collection, and support various programming activities.
The College will use the house in the future to support its Medieval and Renaissance Studies Program, including studying the art collection, hosting receptions and cultural gatherings, and housing visiting scholars who may temporarily stay in the residence to lecture, study, and work on joint scholarly projects.