- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/95/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/42360_HOMECOMING_darker.rev.1523377981.jpg)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Entrepreneurial Marketing students presented business and marketing plans they created for local businesses during public presentations at Lake Forest City Hall.
In all, 17 students presented ideas for six businesses. The number of students and businesses in the hands-on class has doubled in just two years.
Assistant Professor of Business Darlene Jaffke teaches the class, which is part of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation minor. The two-year-old Business and Economics Department program is open to students of all majors.
The business and student teams were:
- Panacea Healthcare Solutions: Cole Gilham, ’15, Rushville, Ill.; Jessica Gunderson, ’15, Lake Villa, Ill.; and Stefan Zaharinov, ’15, Bulgaria
- Sonam Technologies: Kente Mixon, ’15, Chicago; Mitch Reiner, ’15, Bartlett, Ill., and Elina Yufa, ’16, Mundelein, Ill.
- Dakota Insurance Group: David Grannis, ’15, Duluth; Robert Pennell, ’15, Spring Lake, Mich.; and Arbella Solayman, ’15, Chicago
- Field Viewers, Inc.: Cooper King, ’15, Los Ranchos, New Mexico; Torie Pasiewicz, ’15, Beach Park, Ill.; and Rafael Turcotte, ’15, Quebec
- TAP into Purpose: Lisa Feldman, ’15, Buffalo Grove, Ill. and Clara de Mello e Souza Meth, ’15, Brazil
- Jolly Good Fellows: Jordyn Albert, ’16, Country Club Hills, Ill.; Sakhile Nkambule, Swaziland; and Alyssa Vechiola, ’15, Kildeer, Ill.