Getting to Graduation
If you could not make it to cap and gown pick up day, students can get their cap and gown and graduation tickets from the third floor of North Hall May 1, 2, 5, 6, or 7 between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Please arrive at Ravinia by 9:45 a.m. with your ID.
You must arrive at Ravinia by 9:45 a.m. with your College ID. Report, with your cap and gown, to the graduation checkpoint at the main gate and you will be directed to the lineup area. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not bring your Lake Forest College ID, Ravinia security personnel will not admit you to the Park.
Please be advised that the College is unable to provide students, faculty, and guests with transportation to Ravinia Park, so please plan accordingly.
If you are arriving by Metra, the closest train station to Ravinia Park is NOT the Ravinia stop, but rather Braeside. When you get off at Braeside, walk north along the path to get to Ravinia. Because there is a walk involved, you should plan to take the train that leaves the Lake Forest station no later than 9:09 a.m.; LATER TRAINS WILL NOT GET YOU THERE IN TIME.
If you are arriving by car, parking is available in the West Lot, off of Green Bay Road, just north of Lake Cook Road. Please enter 200 Ravinia Park Road, Highland Park, Illinois 60035 into your GPS when traveling to Ravinia for precise directions to the general parking lot.
NOTE: The parking lot at Ravinia will close at 2:00 p.m. Be sure to remove your car before then.
If you need special parking accommodations, please request a special access parking pass from the Alumni Office at 847-LFC-ALUM or email@example.com. You will need this pass in addition to your disabled parking permit.
What to wear:
As you make your plans for Commencement attire, please keep in mind that the ceremony will be held outdoors at Ravinia. Though it is often warm and sunny on the day of graduation, you will be sitting under the pavilion, which is often quite cold. The pavilion sits on cold concrete and the warmth of the sun is blocked. Additionally, the wind and breeze off the lake also swirls within the pavilion, adding to the cold. So, plan accordingly and dress warmly. There will be blankets for sale at Ravinia at the Gradflowers booth.
You should leave your purses and other items with your guests at Commencement; you cannot take them up on stage with you, and you might be returning to a different seat after you’ve been handed your diploma.
Can’t make it? Watch it live online:
Whether you want to re-live your favorite Commencement moments forever with a DVD from GradMemory.com, or you can’t make it to the ceremony and want to watch it live, we’ve got Commencement covered. Order your DVD today and share the College’s webpage where we will be live-streaming the ceremony.
A few reminders:
- Remember your cap and gown and your College ID.
- Food and beverages other than water are not permitted at Ravinia. Only bottled water is allowed in the pavilion. No one may bring alcohol in any form to the ceremony.
- Due to space considerations at Ravinia, each graduating senior will be limited to eight guest tickets. Family and guests arriving at Ravinia without a ticket will be seated if seats are available.
- Be sure that you complete the all-campus survey by May 2 in order to get your grades. Thanks to those who have already finished theirs!
- In honor of your graduating class, donate $20.14 to the Class of 2014 class gift. Your contribution will go toward scholarships for future students.