- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30485_library.rev.1454952369.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30024_area_studies.rev.1451945934.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/29871_papers.rev.1452013163.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30028_english-_literature.rev.1452013046.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30025_education.rev.1451945980.png)"/>
- <div style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/6/width/1600/height/300/crop/1/30027_self_designed_major.rev.1451946126.png)"/>
Communications and Marketing
Funkadesi comes to Lake Forest
Chicago world music group Funkadesi named Artists in Residence for 2014.
Funkadesi will be on campus on Monday, February 3 through Wednesday, February 5. They will visit classes, offer a two-part workshop (open to all), give a lunchtime talk for faculty members, and perform a concert in the chapel followed by a reception.
The many members of Funkadesi are a diverse and fascinating group of artists. In addition to their electrifying performances, Funkadesi offers workshops and discussions on a wide array of topics designed to be relevant to a wide variety of academic disciplines. Click here for a sampling of the kinds of topics they cover.
Funkadesi will wrap up their campus visit with an concert that is free and open to the public on Wednesday, February 5 at 7:30 p.m. in the Lily Reid Holt Memorial Chapel on Middle Campus. A post concert reception will be held in Wood Lounge.
“Funkadesi knows how to get a crowd fired up! There’s a lot of funk in that desi!”
The Artist-in-Residence program began in the 1960s as a Poet-in-Residence program and has since grown to include writers, visual artists, jazz musicians, and even string quartets.
The Artist in Residence Committee
Karen Lebergott, Chair
Associate Professor of Art
Professor of English
Assistant Professor of Music - Music Education
Associate Professor of Theater